After the international break, and some teams not playing for nearly a month, the Premier League returns in a big way.
Derby matches and intercity clashes highlight a full 10-game slate of fixtures at the weekend. Here are the biggest games.
What better way to start the weekend than the North London Debry between Arsenal and Tottenham. Both teams started this young campaign on good form, and that boils into a fixture including two of the top three teams in the EPL table. After seven games, Arsenal has just one blemish, good enough for 18 points. Tottenham is tied with Manchester City for second place, just one point behind the Gunners.
On the topic of Manchester City, they host cross-town rivals Manchester United on Sunday morning. While Manchester City seems to be humming along as everyone expected, Manchester United’s resurgence after early seasons struggles is admirable. Four wins on the bounce is the best current stretch of games in the Premier League. However, Manchester City on the road is the most challenging team in that run of games, even if United did face Arsenal and Liverpool.
Liverpool’s loss to Manchester United is the only loss suffered by the Reds. However, Jürgen Klopp’s side does also have three draws, putting the Anfield club in eighth, nine points back of league leaders Arsenal. A win against a Brighton side currently occupying fourth in the table would go a long way this weekend. If Liverpool has title ambitions, the climb is already steep just seven games in.
NBC’s coverage is back to its usual time slots after the international break and a wonky weekend in matchday seven, as six teams did not play. Rebecca Lowe is joined by Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe on both Saturday and Sunday. For Monday’s pre- and post-game coverage of Leicester City against Nottingham Forest, Paul Burmeister fills in, with Danny Higginbotham joining Mustoe as analysts.
Goal Rush is available during the 10 a.m. kickoff window on Saturday. The whip-around style show follows one game, but provides live highlights to goals, major fouls or big moments in the other games in that time slot.
There are also Premier League games available in 4K. This weekend, there is just one, which is the North London Derby on Saturday morning. Be sure to check if you have the correct hardware and subscriptions available to watch the Premier League in 4K.
EPL Commentators on NBC: Oct. 1 to 3
All of the following are U.S. Eastern Time.
Saturday, Oct. 1
10 a.m. — Bournemouth vs. Brentford. Peacock Premium — Gary Taphouse and Dave Edwards.
10 a.m. — Fulham vs. Newcastle. Peacock Premium — Rob Palmer and Tony Gale.
10 a.m. — Liverpool vs. Brighton and Hove Albion. Peacock Premium — Pien Meulensteen and Andy Walker.
10 a.m. — Southampton vs. Everton. Peacock Premium — Jonathan Beck and Garry Birtles.
Sunday, Oct. 2
9 a.m. — Manchester City vs. Manchester United. Peacock Premium — Peter Drury and Graeme Le Saux.
Monday, Oct. 3
200+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, World Cup, Euro 2024 & more
Live & On Demand TV Streaming
- Price: $35/mo. for Sling Blue
- Watch Premier League, World Cup & MLS
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $9.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features Bundesliga, LaLiga, Championship, & more
2,000+ soccer games per year
- Price: $4.99/mo
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & NWSL
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
110+ channels, live & on-demand
- Price: $59.95/mo. for Plus Package
- Includes FOX, FS1, ESPN, TUDN & more
- Where to find QPR vs. Reading on US TV
- Where to find England vs. USWNT on US TV
- Where to find Arsenal vs. FK Bodø/Glimt on US TV
- Where to find Omonia Nicosia vs. Man United on US TV
- Where to find Anderlecht vs. West Ham on US TV
- Where to find Man City vs. Copenhagen on US TV
- Where to find Benfica vs. PSG on US TV
- Where to find Real Madrid vs. Shakhtar on US TV
- Where to find Chelsea vs. Milan on US TV
- Where to find Leipzig vs. Celtic on US TV